Definition of Turing test
: a test to establish the existence of artificial intelligence in which questions from an interrogator are answered by an unseen person and computer with the understanding that if the interrogator is unable to correctly identify which responder is human the computer has demonstrated thinking ability comparable to a human's The Turing test pits an interrogator against another human and a computer. Able to communicate with each via keyboard and printer only, the interrogator tries to determine which is which. If he can, the computer is not considered intelligent.— Phil Lopiccola
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game