Tu·ni·can | \ ˈt(y)ünə̇kən\
variants: or less commonly Tonikan \ ˈtönə̇kən , təˈnēk- \
Definition of Tunican
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : of or relating to the Tunica or their language
2 : of or relating to Tunican
variants: or less commonly Tonikan \ " \
Definition of Tunican (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : a language family of the Gulf phylum comprising the Tunica language
2 in former classifications : a language stock comprising Tunican, Atakapan, and Chitimachan
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?