Tri·en·ta·lis | \ ˌtrīˌen‧ˈtalə̇s, -āl-, -äl-\
Definition of Trientalis
: a genus of delicate Eurasian and North American herbs (family Primulaceae) having a whorl of entire leaves and several white stellate flowers on slender peduncles followed by 5-valved capsules — see starflower
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game