To·to·nac | \ ˌtōtəˈnäk\
variants: or less commonly Totonaco \ -ä(ˌ)kō \ or Totonaca \ -äkə \
plural Totonac or Totonacs also Totonaco or Totonacos or Totonaca or Totonacas
Definition of Totonac
(Entry 1 of 2)
1a : an Indian people of Puebla and Veracruz, Mexico, constituting with the Tepehua the Totonacan language family
b : a member of such people
2 : the language of the Totonac people
Definition of Totonac (Entry 2 of 2)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game