The·ria | \ ˈthirēə, ˈthēr-\
Definition of Theria
(Entry 1 of 2)
in some classifications
: a subclass of Mammalia comprising the higher mammals and including the Pantotheria, Metatheria, and Eutheria and excluding the Prototheria and Allotheria
-therianoun combining form
Definition of -theria (Entry 2 of 2)
: beasts : animals —in names of higher taxa of mammalian forms Prototheria
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game