Tel·li·cher·ry bark | \ ˈteləˌcherē-\
Definition of Tellicherry bark
: the bitter bark of any of several East Indian or African trees of the family Apocynaceae (as Wrightia zeylanica, Holarrhena antidysenterica or H. africana) used especially in folk medicine as a remedy for dysentery
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game