Tar·de·noi·sian | \ ¦tärdᵊn¦ȯizhən, -¦oizēən, -¦wäzēən\
Definition of Tardenoisian
: of or belonging to an early Mesolithic culture characterized by small flint implements of geometrical form and regarded by some authorities as the northward advance of the Capsian culture contemporaneous with the Azilian culture
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game