Definition of T-number
: a number that is similar to the f-number but takes into account the amount of light actually transmitted by a lens after loss by absorption and reflection and that equals the f-number divided by the square root of the transmittance
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game