Sve·tam·ba·ra | \ s(h)wāˈtämbərə\
Definition of Svetambara
: a major Jain sect whose members clothe themselves and their sacred images in white and in contrast to the Digambaras assert that women can attain salvation
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game