Sty·lid·i·um | \ stīˈlidēəm\
Definition of Stylidium
1 : the type genus of the family Stylidiaceae comprising mostly Australian herbaceous perennials that have racemes, panicles, or corymbs of showy flowers commonly with elastic stamens and are often cultivated as greenhouse ornamentals
2 stylidium plural -s : any plant or flower of the genus Stylidium
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game