Sty·lid·i·a·ce·ae | \ (ˌ)stīˌlidēˈāsēˌē\
Definition of Stylidiaceae
: a family of herbs or shrubs (order Campanulales) of the southern hemisphere and especially Australasia that have simple leaves and clustered perfect or unisexual flowers with a slightly irregular corolla followed by capsules bearing seeds with fleshy endosperm
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game