Stu·dite | \ ˈst(y)üˌdīt\
Definition of Studite
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a Studite monk of the Eastern Orthodox Church
Definition of Studite (Entry 2 of 2)
: of or relating to a monastery founded at Constantinople in the 5th century a.d. by a Roman official named Studius and reorganized by St. Theodore also : of or relating to the rule codified in this monastery by St. Theodore
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game