Sterk·fon·tein ape-man | \ ˈsterkfənˌtān-\
Definition of Sterkfontein ape-man
: an extinct southern African anthropoid (Australopithecus transvaalensis or Plesianthropus transvaalensis) known from numerous parts of skulls, teeth, and other skeletal fragments recovered from cave bone breccia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game