Stag·nic·o·la | \ stagˈnikələ\
Definition of Stagnicola
: a genus of common freshwater snails (family Lymnaeidae) including intermediate hosts of the sheep liver fluke and of various trematodes of waterfowls that cause schistosome dermatitis in man
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game