Stag·nic·o·la | \ stagˈnikələ\
Definition of Stagnicola
: a genus of common freshwater snails (family Lymnaeidae) including intermediate hosts of the sheep liver fluke and of various trematodes of waterfowls that cause schistosome dermatitis in man
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game