Definition of South Central
: of, relating to, or characteristic of the states in the lower Mississippi Valley and east of the Rio Grande —usually considered to include Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana, but sometimes expanded to also include adjacent states
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game