Smec·tym·nu·an | \ smekˈtimnəwən\
Definition of Smectymnuan
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : one of a group of five 17th century English Presbyterian clergymen collaborating in a pamphlet attacking the episcopacy
2 : an adherent of the Smectymnuans
Definition of Smectymnuan (Entry 2 of 2)
: of or relating to the Smectymnuans
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?