Sir·mi·an | \ ˈsərmēən\
Definition of Sirmian
: of or relating to the city of Sirmium in the eastern and now Yugoslav part of the Roman province of Pannonia especially : of or relating to any of four councils held there in the fourth century or to the Arian creeds issued by them
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game