Se·su·vi·um | \ sə̇ˈsüvēəm\
Definition of Sesuvium
: a small genus of fleshy maritime herbs (family Aizoaceae) widely distributed especially in tropical regions and having opposite leaves and reddish flowers with a 5-lobed calyx and five stamens — see sea purslane
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?