variants: or Semainian \ sə̇ˈmānēən , -nyən \
Definition of Semainean
: of or relating to an Aeneolithic culture of Upper and Middle Egypt forming a branch of Gerzean culture or a survival thereof into early dynastic times
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?