Se·le·ni·cereus | \ sə̇¦lēnə+\
Definition of Selenicereus
: a genus of mostly epiphytic climbing cacti ranging from southern Texas to Argentina and having ribbed or angled and not very spiny stems and immense white night-blooming flowers that are much prized in northern greenhouses
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game