Definition of Scotland
country in northern Great Britain bordering on the North Sea and the Atlantic; a division of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland; capital Edinburgh area 29,797 square miles (77,174 square kilometers), population 5,295,403
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game