Scom·ber·om·o·rus | \ ˌskämbəˈrämərəs\
Definition of Scomberomorus
: a genus of elongated compressed fishes (family Scombridae) having the snout long and pointed, the mouth large, and the scales few and rudimentary and including a number of important food and sport fishes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?