Scheuch·ze·ria | \ shȯiktˈsirēə\
Definition of Scheuchzeria
: a monotypic genus (the type of the family Scheuchzeriaceae) of bog herbs that are found throughout the north temperate zone and that have leafy stems with white or greenish racemose flowers, several carpels, and fruits resembling follicles
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game