Sar·co·coc·ca | \ ˌsärkəˈkäkə \
Definition of Sarcococca
: a small genus of evergreen Asiatic shrubs (family Buxaceae) that are cultivated for their foliage and their black or red showy fruit and have alternate entire leaves and inconspicuous whitish flowers in heads or racemes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game