Sang·ir | \ ˈsäŋˌi(ə)r\
variants: or less commonly Sangirese \ ˌsäŋəˈrēz , -ēs \
plural Sangir or Sangirs also Sangirese
Definition of Sangir
1a : a predominantly Muslim people inhabiting the Sangir islands, Indonesia, and the southern coastal regions of Mindanao
— called also Sanggil
b : a member of such people
2 : an Austronesian language of the Sangir people
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?