Sam·hi·ta | \ ¦səmhi¦tä\
Definition of Samhita
: any of the four basic canonical books of Hindu scriptures comprising hymns, prayers, and liturgical formulas and including the Rig Veda, the Yajur Veda, the Sama Veda, and the Atharva Veda
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game