Sa·mar·i·tan·ism | \ -ᵊnˌizəm, -əˌni-\
Definition of Samaritanism
1a : the religious doctrine of the Samaritans
b : an expression characteristic of the Samaritan dialect
2 or samaritanism : a compassionate character or deed
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game