plural Samar-Leyte or Samar-Leytes
Definition of Samar-Leyte
1a : a Bisayan people inhabiting Samar and eastern Leyte, Philippines
b : a member of such people
2 : an Austronesian language of the Samar-Leyte people that is often considered a dialect of Bisayan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game