Definition of Russian Orthodox
: of, relating to, or being the autocephalous Eastern Orthodox Church of Russia headed by the Patriarch of Moscow and using an Old Church Slavonic liturgy or one of its autonomous 20th century branches chiefly outside Russia
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game