Ru·bi·a·ce·ae | \ ˌrübēˈāsēˌē\
Definition of Rubiaceae
: a family of mostly tropical herbs, shrubs, and trees (order Rubiales) of very diverse habits having opposite stipulate leaves and regular flowers with the stamens borne on the corolla tube and a 1- to 10-celled ovary usually with numerous ovules that becomes in fruit a capsule, a berry, or one or more distinct nutlets
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game