\ ¦rē|gēlə¦dük-, ¦ri| \
Definition of Righi-Leduc effect
: a transverse temperature gradient observed in a metal when the metal is in a magnetic field whose lines of force are perpendicular to the heat flux
— called also Leduc effect
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game