Definition of Rhine
river 820 miles (1320 kilometers) long in western Europe flowing from southeastern Switzerland to the North Sea in the Netherlands and forming the western boundary of Liechtenstein and Austria and the southwestern boundary of Germany
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game