Rha·chit·o·mi | \ rəˈkitəˌmī, raˈk-\
Definition of Rhachitomi
: an order of Labyrinthodontia including most of the larger Permian amphibians and comprising forms having rhachitomous vertebrae, relatively stocky salamandriform bodies, and in some cases external gills
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?