Re·mi | \ ˈrēˌmī\
Definition of Remi
(Entry 1 of 2)
: an ancient people in Gaul forming a division of the Belgae and allied to Caesar in the campaign of 57 b.c.
Definition of remi- (Entry 2 of 2)
: oar remiform remiped
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game