Ras Sham·ra | \ ˈräsˈshamrə\
Definition of Ras Shamra
: of or being the alphabetical cuneiform script of Ugaritic discovered on a collection of clay tablets excavated at Ras Shamra between 1929 and 1936 : ugaritic
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game