Definition of Pseudobranchus
: a genus comprising amphibians closely related to the sirens but with thickened functionless gills and with only three toes on each foot and consisting of a single form (P. striatus) of Georgia and Florida that reaches a length of about 18 inches
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?