Pro·to-Romance | \ ¦prōt(ˌ)ō+\
Definition of Proto-Romance
(Entry 1 of 2)
: the partly recorded and partly assumed ancestral language of the Romance languages : vulgar latin
Definition of Proto-Romance (Entry 2 of 2)
: of or relating to Proto-Romance
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game