Pro·e·tus | \ prōˈētəs\
Definition of Proetus
: a genus (the type of the family Proetidae) comprising small trilobites with nearly equal shields, smooth depressed glabella, and narrow cheeks and being common throughout the Paleozoic after the Cambrian
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game