Pro·e·tus | \ prōˈētəs\
Definition of Proetus
: a genus (the type of the family Proetidae) comprising small trilobites with nearly equal shields, smooth depressed glabella, and narrow cheeks and being common throughout the Paleozoic after the Cambrian
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game