Pro·coe·la | \ prōˈsēlə\
Definition of Procoela
: a suborder of Salientia that includes Bufonidae, Hylidae, and some families of extinct amphibians and that comprises frogs and toads with vertebrae uniformly concave in front and with sacral vertebrae united with the urostyle by a double condyle
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game