Definition of Plott hound
: a large powerful usually chiefly black hound of American origin used especially in bear and boar hunting and believed to have resulted from crosses between German boarhounds, foxhounds, bloodhounds, and possibly other hound strains
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game