Definition of Piperales
: an order of apetalous dicotyledonous plants constituting the families Piperaceae, Saururaceae, and Chloranthaceae and having simple leaves and minute flowers in spikes with the perianth simple or lacking
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game