Pin·no·the·res | \ ˌpinəˈthi(ˌ)rēz\
Definition of Pinnotheres
: a genus (the type of the family Pinnotheridae) of small crabs (as the oyster crab and the pea crab) having usually a thin membranous covering and living as commensals in the mantle cavity of various bivalve mollusks or in some similar cavity in other marine animals
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game