Phy·ma·to·des | \ ˌfīməˈtō(ˌ)dēz \
Definition of Phymatodes
: a genus of tropical ferns (family Polypodiaceae) in general resembling members of Polypodium but having fronds with many areolae, irregularly anastomosing veins, and free veinlets
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game