Definition of Philippines
country in eastern Asia comprising the Philippine Islands; a republic; once a Spanish possession and (1898–1946) a U.S. possession; capital Manila land area 115,651 square miles (299,536 square kilometers), population 92,337,852
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game