Pet·a·si·tes | \ ˌpetəˈsīt(ˌ)ēz\
Definition of Petasites
: a genus of herbs (family Compositae) that are native to temperate and subarctic regions, have thick rootstocks, large basal leaves, and radiate white or purplish flowers, and possess medicinal properties similar to those of the true coltsfoot — see butterbur
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game