Pen·tre·mi·tes | \ ˌpen‧trəˈmīˌtēz\
Definition of Pentremites
: a genus (the type of the family Pentremitidae) comprising Mississippian blastoid echinoderms having an ovate or pyriform calyx with five ambulacral areas suggestive of petals
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?