Pel·tan·dra | \ pelˈtandrə\
Definition of Peltandra
: a genus of aquatic or marsh herbs (family Araceae) of the eastern U.S. having large hastate or sagittate leaves and elongated spathes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?