Definition of Paleo-Asiatic
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a member of a group of northeast Asian peoples including the Chukchi, Koryak, and Kamchadal of northeast Siberia and possibly also the Gilyaks of Sakhalin Island and the Ainu of northern Japan
2 usually paleoasiatic \ " \ usually capitalized : paleosiberian
Definition of Paleo-Asiatic (Entry 2 of 2)
: of or relating to the Paleo-Asiatics or to Paleosiberian languages
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game