Pa·ha·ri | \ pəˈhärē\
plural Pahari or Paharis
Definition of Pahari
1a : one of several chiefly hill peoples of the northeastern part of the subcontinent of India south and west of the Ganges river
b : a member of one of these peoples
2a : a group of Indic languages or dialects used by the Pahari peoples
b : one of the languages or dialects of this group
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game