Os·man·thus | \ äzˈman(t)thəs\
Definition of Osmanthus
: a widely distributed genus of evergreen shrubs or trees (family Oleaceae) with inconspicuous bisexual flowers, sometimes foliage resembling holly, and a drupaceous fruit with a hard woody endocarp — see devilwood
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?